Thank you for bringing Happy, Sexy, Shameless – What Our Mother’s Didn’t Know About the Birds and the Bees to your book club. What a great way to start a possibly life changing but certainly life affirming conversation about intimacy, shame, empowerment and living a juicy life!
Below are questions to help get the conversation started. You can also download the pdf Happy.sexy.shameless.book.club.questions and share or print off too.
Grateful to you for being apart of the Happy, Sexy, Shameless wave.
Happy, Sexy, Shameless – What Our Mother’s Didn’t Know About the Birds & the Bees – Book Club Discussion Questions and Conversation Starters
1. What did your Mother/parents teach you about sex and sexuality? Can you see how those teachings (or non teachings) affected aspects of your life and your self?
2. How did you feel about Shasta’s Good Girl and Bad Girl Index? Do you think this is still true today?
3. Are there times you notice yourself judging other women or times you have felt judged? How do you think you can change this?
4. What passage from the book stood out to you the most?
5. What practices were the most powerful for you? Why? What happened for you when you did them?
6. How do you feel about creating more intimacy in your life – in the bedroom and out? Did this book explain the power of connection and how to create it?
7. Do you feel as if your views on your self, your body, or intimacy have changed by reading this book? How so?
8. What major emotion did the book evoke in you as a reader?
9. If you could ask the author, Shasta Townsend one question, what would it be?
10. Did this book inspire you to take action in your life to reclaim your happy, sexy self in any way?